1962 GretschDuoJet (6129) – Champagne Sparkle
We’re happy to have this rare and incredibly cool 1962 Gretsch Duo Jet in Champagne Sparkle here in the shop! The Duo Jet debuted with just one cutaway in 1953, but as guitar design and player requests were changing, so was the Duo Jet! It wasn’t until 1961 that the first double cuts started to appear, and players also had the option of ordering a guitar with a Sparkle top (made with repurposed Gretsch drum wrap). This particular guitar was definitely played over its life, as some of its age shows. The ever-common binding rot on Gretsches has been professionally repaired and stabilized, and we can see that an extra pickguard bracket hole has been filled. Overall though, it is a fantastic player, and definitely has that Great Gretsch Sound!
Overall Condition: 8, the binding being this guitar’s primary note, edge wear, some mild shrinking of the top
- Finish Details: Champagne Sparkle, Original, Good Condition, binding cracks, top has mild shrinking, edge wear
- Body Material: Drumwrap over Maple Top, Mahogany
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Fretboard Material: Rosewood
- Neck Profile: Medium C
- Weight: 7 lbs 5 oz
- Scale Length: 24-1/2"
- Pickup Readings: N: 4.11K B: 3.96K
- Electronics: Original, Untouched, Tone Switch Circuit with Standby
- Hardware: Original, Good Condition, fading and patina to gold hardware
- Nut Width: 1-11/16"
- Includes: Original Gray Hardshell Case with dark pink lining
About Our Pricing
If you're reading this, you're probably looking for a price on a guitar and we're here to explain why our site doesn't list that information! Over the past few years, we have seen market volatility brought on by the pandemic, inflation, and beyond. Due to our current inventory quantities, updating our site daily would be an insurmountable task. As a result, we ask that you please give us a call for our latest and best pricing. As always, we can be reached at 516-221-0563 every Monday-Friday from 12-5 PM (EST) unless otherwise stated.