1957 GibsonES-225TD – Walnut
This 1957 Gibson ES-225TD comes in its factory original, custom ordered Walnut finish! Gibson did not formally offer this finish until 10 years later, making this so rare to see on a guitar this early. Contrary to the finish’s name, this is still a Maple body, just stained a dark brown shade that makes it look closer to walnut. Spec wise, it features the model’s more desirable two pickup configuration. The Gibson catalog says they have placed these pickups for a contrasting treble and bass response, with this early style trapeze tailpiece/bridge offering great sustain and tone. We agree with these sentiments regarding this guitar completely!
Overall Condition: 8
- Finish Details: Walnut, Original, Great Condition, Some scratches to back of guitar around buckle area, Some checking
- Body Material: Maple Laminate
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Fretboard Material: Rosewood
- Neck Profile: Medium C
- Weight: 6 lbs 5 oz
- Scale Length: 24-3/4"
- Pickup Readings: N: 7.98K B: 7.85K
- Electronics: Original, Untouched
- Hardware: Original, Good Condition, Patina to tailpiece/bridge specifically, General wear to all appointments
- Nut Width: 1-11/16"
- Includes: Original Brown Hardshell Case with Pink Lining
About Our Pricing
If you're reading this, you're probably looking for a price on a guitar and we're here to explain why our site doesn't list that information! Over the past few years, we have seen market volatility brought on by the pandemic, inflation, and beyond. Due to our current inventory quantities, updating our site daily would be an insurmountable task. As a result, we ask that you please give us a call for our latest and best pricing. As always, we can be reached at 516-221-0563 every Monday-Friday from 12-5 PM (EST) unless otherwise stated.