1958 GibsonES-335 – Sunburst
Check out this beautiful 1958 Gibson ES-335 in its original Sunburst finish! This first year ES-335 is not only a fantastic looking and sounding guitar, but this price is too good to pass up! This one has a great neck angle, unbound rosewood fretboard and its original long pickguard; all three things to check out when looking at these early first year examples. The two well balanced PAFs can put out some incredible tones, and certainly gives a Burst a run for its money. The reasoning for the great price is that at some point a Bigsby was added and removed, leaving a couple of extra holes by the strap button, and two holes on the top that are completely covered by the tailpiece. This is a tremendous opportunity to pick up a first year ES-335 at a great price!
Overall Condition: 8.5, light playwear throughout, headstock edge wear
- Finish Details: Sunburst, Original, Great Condition with light overall wear, headstock edge wear
- Body Material: Maple Laminate
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Fretboard Material: Rosewood (unbound)
- Neck Profile: Full C
- Weight: 7 lbs 13 oz
- Scale Length: 24-3/4"
- Pickup Readings: N: 7.70K B: 7.75K
- Electronics: Bridge pickup cover has been removed at some point, but is back on, one tone capacitor has been replaced
- Hardware: Original, Great Condition, previously mentioned holes from added and removed Bigsby
- Nut Width: 1-11/16"
- Includes: Original Brown Hardshell Case with pink lining
Sku: G173Sold Out
About Our Pricing
If you're reading this, you're probably looking for a price on a guitar and we're here to explain why our site doesn't list that information! Over the past few years, we have seen market volatility brought on by the pandemic, inflation, and beyond. Due to our current inventory quantities, updating our site daily would be an insurmountable task. As a result, we ask that you please give us a call for our latest and best pricing. As always, we can be reached at 516-221-0563 every Monday-Friday from 12-5 PM (EST) unless otherwise stated.