1964 GibsonFirebird I – Sunburst
This 1964 Gibson Firebird I in Sunburst is vibey and worn in, showing lots of fine finish checking, play wear, and edgewear! It is well loved throughout the guitar, as you will also notice some buckle rash on the back that has worn the finish down to the wood. While this guitar is super played in, it remains all original except for a new nut. We can imagine it deteriorated over time and had to be replaced to continue playing as well as it does! These are still the original frets with lift left in them. We can tell they have been lightly played but maintained over time, so no need for an immediate refret!
Overall Condition: 6.5
- Finish Details: Sunburst, Original, Good Condition, Play wear and marks throughout, Areas at body near bottom strap button where guitar took hits, Lots of fine finish checking, Edge wear, Buckle rash
- Body Material: Mahogany
- Neck Material: Mahogany/Walnut Laminate
- Fretboard Material: Rosewood
- Neck Profile: Medium C
- Weight: 7 lbs 7 oz
- Scale Length: 24-3/4"
- Pickup Readings: B: 5.89K
- Electronics: Original, Untouched
- Hardware: Original except for nut, Good Condition, Patina throughout, Light pitting on bridge, Cracks in pickguard
- Nut Width: 1-11/16"
- Includes: Non Original ‘70s Black Hardshell Case with Purple Lining
About Our Pricing
If you're reading this, you're probably looking for a price on a guitar and we're here to explain why our site doesn't list that information! Over the past few years, we have seen market volatility brought on by the pandemic, inflation, and beyond. Due to our current inventory quantities, updating our site daily would be an insurmountable task. As a result, we ask that you please give us a call for our latest and best pricing. As always, we can be reached at 516-221-0563 every Monday-Friday from 12-5 PM (EST) unless otherwise stated.