1964 GibsonFirebird VII – Sunburst (ex. GE Smith)
This 1964 Gibson Firebird VII in Sunburst was once owned by the great G.E. Smith! You may recognize him as the lead guitarist for Hall and Oates, or most likely as a longtime bandleader for Saturday Night Live. This guitar has certainly been played, and as such needed a refret so that it could keep playing! Other than that, this beauty remains all original and so vibey thanks to its worn in gold hardware and finish checking.
Overall Condition: 8
- Finish Details: Sunburst, Original, Great Condition, Some marks and wear, Finish checking throughout
- Body Material: Mahogany/Walnut Laminate
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Fretboard Material: Ebony
- Neck Profile: Slim C
- Weight: 8 lbs 12 oz
- Scale Length: 24-3/4"
- Pickup Readings: N: 6.10K M: 3.26K B: 6.47K
- Electronics: Original
- Hardware: Original except for frets and nut, Good Condition, Gold plating worn particularly on pickup covers, bridge, and tailpiece, Firebird pickguard logo partially worn away, letters on knobs worn away
- Nut Width: 1-11/16"
- Includes: Original Black Hardshell Case with Gold Lining
About Our Pricing
If you're reading this, you're probably looking for a price on a guitar and we're here to explain why our site doesn't list that information! Over the past few years, we have seen market volatility brought on by the pandemic, inflation, and beyond. Due to our current inventory quantities, updating our site daily would be an insurmountable task. As a result, we ask that you please give us a call for our latest and best pricing. As always, we can be reached at 516-221-0563 every Monday-Friday from 12-5 PM (EST) unless otherwise stated.