1962 GibsonJ-160E – Sunburst
If you’re a Beatles fan, you’ll certainly recognize this 1962 Gibson J-160E in Sunburst. This guitar and its original hardshell case are the exact same year and specs as John and George’s famed matching pair. This guitar is a beautiful player, essentially an electric guitar that looks like and also plays like an acoustic if you leave it unplugged! This pickup is a single P-90 with no cover, accompanied by a volume and tone controls. This was also the first Gibson Flattop model to feature an adjustable bridge!
Overall Condition: 8.5
- Finish Details: Sunburst, Original, Great Condition, Playwear throughout, Some finish checking
- Body Material: Spruce Top, Mahogany back and sides
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Fretboard Material: Rosewood
- Neck Profile: Slim C
- Weight: 4 lbs 14 oz
- Scale Length: 24-3/4"
- Pickup Readings: N: 8.25K
- Electronics: Original, Untouched
- Hardware: Original, Great Condition, Play wear throughout, Very little patina to tuners, some letters on volume knob worn off
- Nut Width: 1-11/16"
- Includes: Original Brown Hardshell Case with Pink Lining
About Our Pricing
If you're reading this, you're probably looking for a price on a guitar and we're here to explain why our site doesn't list that information! Over the past few years, we have seen market volatility brought on by the pandemic, inflation, and beyond. Due to our current inventory quantities, updating our site daily would be an insurmountable task. As a result, we ask that you please give us a call for our latest and best pricing. As always, we can be reached at 516-221-0563 every Monday-Friday from 12-5 PM (EST) unless otherwise stated.