1959 FenderStratocaster – Fiesta Red (ex Bill Carson)
This guitar is a true piece of Fender History: Bill Carson’s personal 1959 Fender Stratocaster in Fiesta Red with Gold Hardware! Bill Carson was a well-known and respected guitarist throughout the 50s, and Leo Fender relied on Mr. Carson’s feedback to finalize the design of the Stratocaster. This guitar was built specifically for him and features his name on the neck heel to not confuse it with any production necks. This guitar was custom-made with an A neck, but the depth at the nut is actually thinner than normal “A” necks. Mr. Carson writes in his letter that it was made specifically to fit his hand and playing style. This is one of the earliest documented Fiesta Red guitars, if not the earliest. Needless to say, this guitar earns the status of “legendary!”
Overall Condition: 9, checking and neck wear
- Finish Details: Fiesta Red, Original, Great Condition, Some forearm and buckle rash spots, Light edgewear, Larger impression of cord at back of body, small impression of cord at front under bridge cover
- Body Material: Alder
- Neck Material: Maple
- Fretboard Material: Rosewood, Slab
- Neck Profile: Slim C
- Weight: 7 lbs 10 oz
- Scale Length: 25-1/2"
- Pickup Readings: N: 5.79K M: 5.66K B: 5.60K
- Electronics: Original, Untouched
- Hardware: Original, Great Condition, Still retains a lot of gold plating, Two of the original trem springs removed from the body and left inside case (guitar only has three inside the cavity)
- Nut Width: 1-1/2"
- Includes: Original Brown Tolex Case, Handwritten Letter from Mr. Carson, Electronics Description Card
About Our Pricing
If you're reading this, you're probably looking for a price on a guitar and we're here to explain why our site doesn't list that information! Over the past few years, we have seen market volatility brought on by the pandemic, inflation, and beyond. Due to our current inventory quantities, updating our site daily would be an insurmountable task. As a result, we ask that you please give us a call for our latest and best pricing. As always, we can be reached at 516-221-0563 every Monday-Friday from 12-5 PM (EST) unless otherwise stated.
Call us 516-221-0563 or Send us an Email!
We’d be happy to give you an in-hand description of the guitar. All of our guitars are properly set up by John Bertsche, our brilliant guitar tech, and will be professionally packed with care.