1964 GibsonThunderbird II – Cardinal Red
It’s always a pleasure to receive a well-loved bass, but this 1964 Gibson Thunderbird II in its original Cardinal Red finish is just on another level! When an instrument is played repeatedly by the same player for years, unique wear patterns form that fit that player’s style, like the bass side thumb wear on this piece! Despite the wear, this bass still sports all of its original fittings, with a replaced 70s case that bears the old owner’s name.
Overall Condition: 6.5, heavy yet vibey wear throughout the bass
- Finish Details: Cardinal Red, Original, Fair Condition, Heavy finish checking with some finish flaked off around edges of body, some buckle rash, circular wear around back strap button from an old strap
- Body Material: Mahogany
- Neck Material: Mahogany/Walnut Laminate
- Fretboard Material: Rosewood
- Neck Profile: Medium D
- Weight: 8 lbs 14 oz
- Scale Length: 34-3/8"
- Pickup Readings: M: 7.58
- Electronics: Original, Untouched
- Hardware: Original, Fair Condition, heavy patina to all nickel parts
- Nut Width: 1-1/2"
- Includes: Later 70s Thunderbird Case with pink lining
About Our Pricing
If you're reading this, you're probably looking for a price on a guitar and we're here to explain why our site doesn't list that information! Over the past few years, we have seen market volatility brought on by the pandemic, inflation, and beyond. Due to our current inventory quantities, updating our site daily would be an insurmountable task. As a result, we ask that you please give us a call for our latest and best pricing. As always, we can be reached at 516-221-0563 every Monday-Friday from 12-5 PM (EST) unless otherwise stated.