1967 GibsonTrini Lopez – Black
Here’s something you don’t see every day, an 1967 Gibson Trini Lopez model in Black! This model was a combo of a few different Gibson appointments: an ES-335 body served as the foundation, a non-reverse Firebird neck completing the look. One of the most iconic parts of this model would have to be the bound diamond sound holes, and split diamond fretboard inlays. On this particular guitar, these original jumbo frets help make this a fantastic player! Upon looking at this guitar under our authentication blacklight, it seems to us that Grovers were installed at some point, as we noticed a disruption in the Black finish. It is clear the original tuners were professionally re-installed, with no visible signs to the naked eye. Other than this, the rest of this guitar remains fully original.
Overall Condition: 9, buckle rash wear
- Finish Details: Black, Great condition, expected finish checking and light wear throughout. Notable buckle rash wearing through to the wood. Previously mentioned finish touchup at tuning pegs only visible under blacklight
- Body Material: Maple Laminate
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Fretboard Material: Rosewood
- Neck Profile: Medium C
- Weight: 7 lbs 10 oz
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Pickup Readings: N: 7.80K B: 7.21K
- Electronics: Original, Untouched
- Hardware: Original, Excellent condition, light patina, previously mentioned changed tuners at some point in its history, though originals are now back on the guitar
- Nut Width: 1-9/16"
- Includes: Original Black Hardshell Case with gold lining
About Our Pricing
If you're reading this, you're probably looking for a price on a guitar and we're here to explain why our site doesn't list that information! Over the past few years, we have seen market volatility brought on by the pandemic, inflation, and beyond. Due to our current inventory quantities, updating our site daily would be an insurmountable task. As a result, we ask that you please give us a call for our latest and best pricing. As always, we can be reached at 516-221-0563 every Monday-Friday from 12-5 PM (EST) unless otherwise stated.