1962 FenderEsquire – Blond (Tortoise Shell Guard)
It’s a guitar that sounds as good as it looks – a 1962 Fender Esquire in Blond with a factory original tortoise shell pickguard! Esquires are some of our favorite guitars out there, and this one is no different! Nothing quite like the crisp, clean tone you get from that bridge position. This guitar remains in great shape, with the appropriate amount of play wear and patina you can expect from a guitar of this age. Notably, there is a small area on the bass side of the body where the paint has flaked slightly. This guitar remains original, except for an exceptional refret job and accompanying new bone nut.
Overall Condition: 8, overall great look with some play and finish wear
- Finish Details: Blond, Original, Great Condition, general play wear, checking, edgewear, and marks around body and neck, previously mentioned small area of flaked paint
- Body Material: Ash
- Neck Material: Maple
- Fretboard Material: Rosewood, Veneer
- Neck Profile: Medium C
- Weight: 7 lbs 2 oz
- Scale Length: 25-1/2"
- Pickup Readings: B: 6.76
- Electronics: Original, Untouched
- Hardware: Original except for frets and nut, Great Condition, some playwear, general patina
- Nut Width: 1-5/8"
- Includes: Original Brown Tolex Case with orange lining
Sku: F220Sold Out
About Our Pricing
If you're reading this, you're probably looking for a price on a guitar and we're here to explain why our site doesn't list that information! Over the past few years, we have seen market volatility brought on by the pandemic, inflation, and beyond. Due to our current inventory quantities, updating our site daily would be an insurmountable task. As a result, we ask that you please give us a call for our latest and best pricing. As always, we can be reached at 516-221-0563 every Monday-Friday from 12-5 PM (EST) unless otherwise stated.