1966 GibsonFirebird III (NR) – Frost Blue
This 1966 Gibson Firebird III in Frost Blue is stunningly beautiful and still looks incredible, even with age! Looking over this guitar, you will see so little wear or aging. This was clearly an under-the-bed find, and it is evident that its original owner took immense care of this guitar. They even carefully preserved their Owner’s Manual and Full Line Catalog from the same year as the guitar, tucked inside this Firebird’s pristine original case. As a Non-Reverse III, you will find three P-90s with accompanying volume and tone controls, allowing for sharp trebles and deep bass tones. With the accompanying tremolo system, you will certainly enjoy the versatility and beauty of this Firebird!
Overall Condition: 9.5
- Finish Details: Frost Blue, Original, Near Mint Condition, almost no aging to finish, only a few small marks around body and headstock
- Body Material: Mahogany
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Fretboard Material: Rosewood
- Neck Profile: Slim Taper D
- Weight: 7 lbs 15 oz
- Scale Length: 24-3/4"
- Pickup Readings: N: 8.18K M: 4.23K B: 8.25K
- Electronics: Original, Untouched
- Hardware: Original, Near Mint Condition, barely any wear, discoloration, or patina
- Nut Width: 1-9/16”
- Includes: Original Hardshell Case with Gold Lining, Original Owner’s Manual Hang Tag, Original 1966 Full Line Gibson Catalog
About Our Pricing
If you're reading this, you're probably looking for a price on a guitar and we're here to explain why our site doesn't list that information! Over the past few years, we have seen market volatility brought on by the pandemic, inflation, and beyond. Due to our current inventory quantities, updating our site daily would be an insurmountable task. As a result, we ask that you please give us a call for our latest and best pricing. As always, we can be reached at 516-221-0563 every Monday-Friday from 12-5 PM (EST) unless otherwise stated.
Call us 516-221-0563 or Send us an Email!
We’d be happy to give you an in-hand description of the guitar. All of our guitars are properly set up by John Bertsche, our brilliant guitar tech, and will be professionally packed with care.