1955 GibsonLes Paul Custom – Black
We love the feel of this 1955 Gibson Les Paul Custom in Black! As with many of these “fretless wonders,” this one has been refretted with vintage-sized frets that vastly improve the overall playability compared to the old frets. Combined with the sizzling tone of these pickups and a solid mahogany body, this guitar absolutely screams! These earlier Les Paul Custom examples feature one P-90 and one Alnico V pickup. The contrast of the patinated binding and stark black finish is just incredible. The remaining parts and finish are completely original, and it even comes in its original case.
Overall Condition: 7.5, weather checking, buckle rash impressions, and general playwear throughout
- Finish Details: Black, Original, Good Condition with weather checking, general playwear and patina throughout
- Body Material: Mahogany
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Fretboard Material: Ebony
- Neck Profile: Medium C
- Weight: 10 lbs 2 oz
- Scale Length: 24-3/4"
- Pickup Readings: N: 8.45K B: 8.13K
- Electronics: Original, Untouched
- Hardware: Original except for frets, Fair Condition, plating worn off bridge and tailpiece, tuners in great shape
- Nut Width: 1-11/16”
- Includes: Original Black Hardshell Case with yellow lining
About Our Pricing
If you're reading this, you're probably looking for a price on a guitar and we're here to explain why our site doesn't list that information! Over the past few years, we have seen market volatility brought on by the pandemic, inflation, and beyond. Due to our current inventory quantities, updating our site daily would be an insurmountable task. As a result, we ask that you please give us a call for our latest and best pricing. As always, we can be reached at 516-221-0563 every Monday-Friday from 12-5 PM (EST) unless otherwise stated.