1954 GibsonLes Paul – Goldtop
This is a stunning 1954 Gibson Les Paul Goldtop, with a few personal touches we can’t help but love! At the neck heel you will find a sticker for “City Music House and School” and on the original case you will find a plaque with the same logo. There is also a square area on the bass side of the body just below the switch that is lighter than the rest of the guitar. Judging by the looks of it, when this guitar was originally displayed for sale its hang tag was placed on the switch tip. It was most likely near or in a window, and the UV rays caused the rest of the gold finish to bronze, while the area covered by the hang tag remained its original, bright finish. This guitar is a favorite in the store, one for its smokey look and two for its incredible sound and feel!
Overall Condition: 8.5
- Finish Details: Goldtop, Original, weather checking throughout, patina
- Body Material: Mahogany/Maple
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Fretboard Material: Rosewood
- Neck Profile: Medium C
- Weight: 9 lbs 5 oz
- Scale Length: 24-3/4"
- Pickup Readings: N: 7.75K B: 7.64K
- Electronics: Original, Untouched
- Hardware: Original, Good Condition, Light patina to tuners, Heavier patina to tailpiece, Yellowing to cream appointments, 5th fret inlay cracked slightly
- Nut Width: 1-11/16"
- Includes: Original Brown Hardshell Case
About Our Pricing
If you're reading this, you're probably looking for a price on a guitar and we're here to explain why our site doesn't list that information! Over the past few years, we have seen market volatility brought on by the pandemic, inflation, and beyond. Due to our current inventory quantities, updating our site daily would be an insurmountable task. As a result, we ask that you please give us a call for our latest and best pricing. As always, we can be reached at 516-221-0563 every Monday-Friday from 12-5 PM (EST) unless otherwise stated.