1962 GibsonLes Paul/SG Standard – Cherry
This 1962 Gibson Les Paul SG Standard in Cherry features a beautiful and rare factory Ebony Block! The original owner, Stan Johnson, really cared about this guitar and even had the truss rod cover engraved with his name and the year, 1963. He had a hard time getting used to the tremolo system it seems, as he sent it back to the factory for an intonation inspection. Upon getting it back he received a letter straight from Gibson stating that the guitar was functioning as intended. That letter, as well as a slew of other case candy, is included with this guitar. This guitar has been refretted and has a new nut. The toggle switch had also been changed long ago for a metal one.
Overall Condition: 7.5
- Finish Details: Cherry, Original, Good Condition, Some finish checking, Play wear throughout, Fade to finish at back of neck and front of body, One larger scratch next to control cavity
- Body Material: Mahogany
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Fretboard Material: Rosewood
- Neck Profile: Slim C
- Weight: 6 lbs 6 oz
- Scale Length: 24-3/4"
- Pickup Readings: N: 7.60K B: 7.69K
- Electronics: Original, Untouched
- Hardware: Original except for frets and toggle switch, Good Condition, Tuning buttons yellowed, Patina throughout
- Nut Width: 1-11/16"
- Includes: Original Black Hardshell Case with Gold Lining, Letter from Gibson to Original Owner in Gibson Envelope, Original Gibson Inspection Tag, Original Humbucker Adjustment Sheet, Original Hang Tag, Extra Gibson Strings
About Our Pricing
If you're reading this, you're probably looking for a price on a guitar and we're here to explain why our site doesn't list that information! Over the past few years, we have seen market volatility brought on by the pandemic, inflation, and beyond. Due to our current inventory quantities, updating our site daily would be an insurmountable task. As a result, we ask that you please give us a call for our latest and best pricing. As always, we can be reached at 516-221-0563 every Monday-Friday from 12-5 PM (EST) unless otherwise stated.
Call us 516-221-0563 or Send us an Email!
We’d be happy to give you an in-hand description of the guitar. All of our guitars are properly set up by John Bertsche, our brilliant guitar tech, and will be professionally packed with care.