1965 VoxPhantom VI – White
And now, for a 60s icon, this 1965 Vox Phantom VI in White! This model’s features allude to a Strat, with a solid body, three pickups, one volume, and two tone controls. A rotary switch is used instead of a traditional blade switch, and the tremolo you see here is Vox’s attempt to recreate a Bigsby. Vox had many of its instruments produced in Italy rather than England to lighten its workload. Many considered the Italian-made Phantoms a subpar instrument compared to its English counterpart, and we’re happy to say this example was made in England! It’s one of the most unique body shapes we’ve seen, and a great player too! This example had a body overspray long ago, allowing for patina and checking to the finish throughout the body.
Overall Condition: 8.5
- Finish Details: White, Oversprayed over Original, Very Good Condition, checking throughout, light wear
- Body Material: Mahogany
- Neck Material: Maple
- Fretboard Material: Rosewood
- Neck Profile: Medium C
- Weight: 7 lbs 5 oz
- Scale Length: 25-1/2"
- Pickup Readings: N: 6.40K M: 6.31K B: 6.82K
- Electronics: Original, Untouched. Functions as intended.
- Hardware: Original except for replaced “tone I” knob and selector knob, Very Good Condition, patina and light wear
- Nut Width: 1-5/8"
- Includes: Original Vox Hardshell Case with brown lining
Sku: V001Sold Out
About Our Pricing
If you're reading this, you're probably looking for a price on a guitar and we're here to explain why our site doesn't list that information! Over the past few years, we have seen market volatility brought on by the pandemic, inflation, and beyond. Due to our current inventory quantities, updating our site daily would be an insurmountable task. As a result, we ask that you please give us a call for our latest and best pricing. As always, we can be reached at 516-221-0563 every Monday-Friday from 12-5 PM (EST) unless otherwise stated.