Circa 1960s CoralSitar – Textured Bombay Red
We don’t think you could get more 60s than this Coral Sitar in its original Textured Bombay Red finish! With the sitar’s popularity in 60s music, Danelectro decided to design a “sitar” that any guitarist could pick up and play. The end result is this very electric model with 13 drone strings, 6 primary strings, and a specially designed bridge to create the sitar “buzz.” This particular example is from an earlier batch, with a “Patent Pend” sticker on the back of the headstock, lipstick pickups, three volume, and three tone controls. It’s in fabulous condition, with only a couple of marks, mainly on the edges.
Overall Condition: 9.5, very light wear, some around the edges of the guitar, and a few light marks
- Finish Details: Textured Bombay Red, Original, Excellent Condition, minor wear to the edges of the guitar, some light marks and dings
- Body Material: Masonite
- Neck Material: Maple/Rosewood
- Fretboard Material: Rosewood
- Neck Profile: Medium D
- Weight: 7 lbs 6 oz
- Scale Length: 25"
- Pickup Readings: N: 3.29K M: 3.17K B: 3.23K
- Electronics: Original, Untouched
- Hardware: Original, Excellent Condition
- Nut Width: 1-3/4"
- Includes: Original Black Hardshell Case with red lining
About Our Pricing
If you're reading this, you're probably looking for a price on a guitar and we're here to explain why our site doesn't list that information! Over the past few years, we have seen market volatility brought on by the pandemic, inflation, and beyond. Due to our current inventory quantities, updating our site daily would be an insurmountable task. As a result, we ask that you please give us a call for our latest and best pricing. As always, we can be reached at 516-221-0563 every Monday-Friday from 12-5 PM (EST) unless otherwise stated.