1964 FenderStratocaster – Sonic Blue (Over Mustang Blue)
Here’s something you don’t see every day, a 1964 Fender Stratocaster in Sonic Blue… over Mustang Blue! We are not sure what exactly Fender was doing here, although we theorize that they were experimenting with using this deeper blue as an undercoat for Sonic. We have seen quite a few other Fenders from this era (64-65) in Sonic Blue with the same Mustang Blue undercoat, including a 1964 Jazz Bass we currently have in stock. It makes for a really incredible look and contrasts with the lighter Sonic Blue. On top of this, this guitar features all pre-CBS appointments and a rosewood board that features a particularly nice pattern of dark wood.
Overall Condition: 6.5, clear coat quite ambered, scratches throughout, heavy weather checking throughout, bottom edge worn to wood
- Finish Details: Sonic Blue over Mustang Blue, Original, Fair Condition, Heavy scratches and finish checking, Intense yellowing of the clear, Finish worn down to the wood around edges of body revealing the Blue undercoat
- Body Material: Alder
- Neck Material: Maple
- Fretboard Material: Rosewood (Veneer)
- Neck Profile: Medium C
- Weight: 7 lbs 6 oz
- Scale Length: 25-1/2"
- Pickup Readings: N: 5.83K M: 5.89K B: 6.57K
- Electronics: Original, Untouched
- Hardware: Original, Fair Condition, Patina and scratches throughout
- Nut Width: 1-5/8"
- Includes: Original White Tolex Case, Original Strap
About Our Pricing
If you're reading this, you're probably looking for a price on a guitar and we're here to explain why our site doesn't list that information! Over the past few years, we have seen market volatility brought on by the pandemic, inflation, and beyond. Due to our current inventory quantities, updating our site daily would be an insurmountable task. As a result, we ask that you please give us a call for our latest and best pricing. As always, we can be reached at 516-221-0563 every Monday-Friday from 12-5 PM (EST) unless otherwise stated.