1971 FenderTelecaster – Ocean Turquoise
We’re loving this drop-dead gorgeous 1971 Fender Telecaster in very rare Ocean Turquoise Metallic! Like the majority of the Fender Custom Colors, Ocean Turquoise was an automotive paint used on Mercury cars in the mid-1960s. OTM was used by Fender from 1965 until its discontinuation in 1971, however, it is scarcely seen as it was not one of their most popular custom colors. As can be expected of blue guitars with a clear coat, this guitar has gracefully aged into an unbelievable shade of dark green with an incredible patina! The dark rosewood fretboard with pearl dots compliments the body beautifully, and it shows some wear to the cowboy chord area.
Overall Condition: 8.5, weather checking throughout
- Finish Details: Ocean Turquoise Metallic, Original, Excellent Condition, Even Fade, Play Wear and Checking Present Throughout
- Body Material: Alder
- Neck Material: Maple
- Fretboard Material: Rosewood, Veneer
- Neck Profile: Medium C
- Weight: 7 lbs 9 oz
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Pickup Readings: N: 8.36K B: 7.10K
- Electronics: Original, Untouched
- Hardware: Original, Great Condition, Light Patina, Frets In Fair Condition, Bent High E Tuner (Still Functional)
- Nut Width: 1-5/8"
- Includes: Original Black Tolex Case
About Our Pricing
If you're reading this, you're probably looking for a price on a guitar and we're here to explain why our site doesn't list that information! Over the past few years, we have seen market volatility brought on by the pandemic, inflation, and beyond. Due to our current inventory quantities, updating our site daily would be an insurmountable task. As a result, we ask that you please give us a call for our latest and best pricing. As always, we can be reached at 516-221-0563 every Monday-Friday from 12-5 PM (EST) unless otherwise stated.