1958 GretschWhite Penguin (6134) – White
Look at how stunning this incredibly rare 1958 Gretsch 6134 White Penguin is! Along with the White Falcon, the White Penguin was Gretsch’s solid-bodied crown jewel, receiving top-of-the-line appointments such as gold hardware, gold binding, an ebony fretboard, a contrasting white finish, and volume and tone knobs bejeweled with pearl and faux rubies. This particular example is in great shape, especially for Gretsches. It has very little binding rot, retains its gold plating on the hardware, and has an overall clean finish. So not only does it look fit for Royalty, but it also plays and sounds like it too! The control plates on the back of White Penguins were painted gold. The paint on one of the covers of this guitar has seen some verdigris, and this area is delicate.
Overall Condition: 8.5, weather checking, some light wear and patina
- Finish Details: White, Original, Great Condition with very mild discoloration and wear, weather checking and some patina, back control cover paint is the most fragile component
- Body Material: Mahogany
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Fretboard Material: Ebony
- Neck Profile: Full C
- Weight: 8 lbs 4 oz
- Scale Length: 24.6"
- Pickup Readings: N: 3.88K B: 3.86K
- Electronics: Original, Untouched, with Stand By Switch
- Hardware: Original, Good Condition, some gold worn away with light patina
- Nut Width: 1-11/16"
- Includes: Original Gray Hardshell Case with Burgundy Lining, Original Instructions
Sku: GR009Sold Out
About Our Pricing
If you're reading this, you're probably looking for a price on a guitar and we're here to explain why our site doesn't list that information! Over the past few years, we have seen market volatility brought on by the pandemic, inflation, and beyond. Due to our current inventory quantities, updating our site daily would be an insurmountable task. As a result, we ask that you please give us a call for our latest and best pricing. As always, we can be reached at 516-221-0563 every Monday-Friday from 12-5 PM (EST) unless otherwise stated.